Ace Fire Equipment

Get Adobe Flash player

Passer-by extinguishes Austin restaurant fire

Posted on May 28th, 2010 No Comments

Fire marshal Tim Hansen said a grease fire began on the stove of an Austin restaurant Saturday afternoon while food was being prepared before the restaurant opened for business that day.  A cook put a lid over the flames and the sprinkler system was activated, but it wasn’t enough to put out the flames.

A 65-year-old Austinite was stopped at the intersection in front of the restaurant when he noticed smoke pouring from the building.  When he pulled over to see what was wrong, the owner of the establishment ran out and told him to call the fire department.  Instead, the man ran inside, grabbed a fire extinguisher and put out the flames.

After putting out any kind of a fire, it is crucial to still call the fire department to make sure the flames have ceased completely. In February, a blaze that began as a grease fire in a Minneapolis restaurant destroyed the entire restaurant and four attached businesses.

To protect your business from risk of fire, trust the Austin sprinkler installation professionals of Ace Fire Equipment.  Contact us today at 512-835-2020.