Ace Fire Equipment

Get Adobe Flash player

Round Rock home’s laundry room catches fire

Posted on September 15th, 2010 No Comments

Monday, firefighters responded to emergency calls about a fire in a Round Rock home’s laundry room.  The home is located at 9 Scenic Terrace in the Twin Ridge neighborhood.

Sixteen firefighters arrived at the home at 7:09 PM to find “smoke coming from the garage area and flames coming from the laundry room into the garage”.  The home’s residents were altered of the fire by the smoke detectors in their house and were able to evacuate without injuries.  Firefighters rescued two cats from the home and treated one by administering oxygen.

Investigators determined a mechanical malfunction in the home’s clothes dryer caused the fire.  Estimated damage is around $20,000.

If you or someone you know needs their home’s fire alarms inspected, contact the Austin fire alarm inspection specialists of Ace Fire Equipment at 512-835-2020 to learn more.

(Source)