Ace Fire Equipment

Get Adobe Flash player

South Austin duplex catches fire

Posted on September 21st, 2010 No Comments

Austin firefighters responded to a 9-1-1 call about a south Austin duplex catching fire early yesterday morning at around 6 AM.  Firefighters told reporters that when they arrived at the 3300 block of Clawson Road there was smoke and flames coming from the building.

When fire crews arrived, the duplex’s five residents had already escaped.  Firefighters were able to rescue two pets, a ferret and a snake.  The building’s residents told officials that they were awoken after the fire caused their home’s windows to break.

Arson detectives are currently investigating the accident.  They believe that the fire started on patio furniture on the duplex’s back porch.  Officials estimate $100,000 worth of damage was done to the home.

If you or someone you know is in need of fire alarm service, contact the Austin fire alarm service experts of Ace Fire Equipment at 512-835-2020 to learn more.

(Source)