Ace Fire Equipment

Get Adobe Flash player

Austin duplex catches fire, displaces family of 7

Posted on December 15th, 2010 No Comments

Earlier this week, a fire broke out an Austin duplex and left a family of 7 without a home.  Fortunately, the American Red Cross of Central Texas is helping the home’s residents with their living situation.

According to reports, the fire broke out at around 7:30 A.M. on Monday morning at a duplex located at 10304 Brownie Drive.  Austin Fire Department firefighters arrived on scene and discovered that the fire started in a water heater closet and spread to the attic of the building.

Emergency Services Director Jose Dominguez stated, “This is the second fire we have responded to in the last three days.  We urge Central Texans to use caution this holiday season”.

Contact Ace Fire Equipment at 512-835-2020 today to discuss having your home or business’ fire alarms serviced, repaired or inspected.

National Fire Prevention Week

Posted on October 13th, 2010 No Comments

This week across the country communities are recognizing National Fire Prevention Week by hosting events to educate on fire prevention and safety.  Several of the campaigns are focused at young children to make sure they grow up with knowledge of what to do in the case of a fire.

Fire Departments suggest that all homes and schools have a specific plan of what to do in the case of a fire and a place to meet outside.  Other tips include never leaving a fire on the stove or fireplace unattended and replacing the batteries in smoke detectors at least twice a year, or having your alarms serviced by professionals.  Furthermore, it is important to have your home’s chimney inspected to make sure there is no build up that could actually increase the chances of a fire starting.

If you or someone you know needs their fire alarms serviced, repaired or inspected, contact the Austin fire alarm specialists of Ace Fire Equipment at 512-835-2020 to learn more.

South Austin duplex catches fire

Posted on September 21st, 2010 No Comments

Austin firefighters responded to a 9-1-1 call about a south Austin duplex catching fire early yesterday morning at around 6 AM.  Firefighters told reporters that when they arrived at the 3300 block of Clawson Road there was smoke and flames coming from the building.

When fire crews arrived, the duplex’s five residents had already escaped.  Firefighters were able to rescue two pets, a ferret and a snake.  The building’s residents told officials that they were awoken after the fire caused their home’s windows to break.

Arson detectives are currently investigating the accident.  They believe that the fire started on patio furniture on the duplex’s back porch.  Officials estimate $100,000 worth of damage was done to the home.

If you or someone you know is in need of fire alarm service, contact the Austin fire alarm service experts of Ace Fire Equipment at 512-835-2020 to learn more.

(Source)

Fire in South Austin leaves 44 displaced

Posted on September 1st, 2010 No Comments

The Bainbridge Villas on Southridge Drive in South Austin caught fire early Sunday morning around 5:30 AM.  The fire engulfed four units of the complex and left about $840,000 in structural damage.  Eight other units suffered less serious damage from the fire.

Seventy members of Austin’s Fire Department responded to the two-alarm fire to see residents jumping from apartment windows.  Four people were taken to nearby hospitals, some with broken bones from leaping from windows, and one resident was transported to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio for severe burning on her feet.  A total of forty-four people were displaced from their homes because of the fire.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost their homes and belongings in the fire.

(Source)

Houston fire destroys 10,000 voting machines

Posted on August 27th, 2010 No Comments

The Harris County Election Technology Center warehouse in Northeast Houston caught fire early this morning and destroyed over 10,000 voting machines used in Harris County elections.

The fire started around 4:30 this morning and quickly grew to be a three-alarm fire.  Officials are currently unsure of what started the fire, but will begin investigations soon.

The warehouse stored more than 10,000 voting booths and e-Slates used during local, state, and national elections.  Houston city officials said they do not know what they will do for the upcoming governor’s race which begins early voting in October, and has election day on November 2nd.

If you or someone you know is in need of a fire sprinkler system, contact the Austin fire sprinkler system specialists of Ace Fire Equipment at 512-835-2020 to learn more.

3-alarm fire destroys home in Oak Hill

Posted on August 17th, 2010 No Comments

An Oak Hill family’s home was destroyed Friday after catching fire.  Oak Hill firefighters arrived at the home just west of Oak Hill after a three-alarm fire was reported.

By the time fire crews arrived at the house, the fire had reached the roof of the 4,000 square foot home.  Winds pushed fire and smoke throughout the house very quickly, making it difficult for firefighters to put out the fire.  Also, low water pressure from the fire hydrants nearby led crews to call for tankers of water.

Fortunately, none of the residents were in the home when the fire started and no one was injured from the fire.  Total damages to the house are estimated to be around $650,000.

Investigators are trying to determine what caused the fire.

If you or someone you know is in need of fire alarm installation, contact the Austin fire alarm installation professionals of Ace Fire Equipment at 512-835-2020 to learn more.

(Source)

Garage catches fire in North Austin

Posted on August 12th, 2010 No Comments

The garage at a home in North Austin caught fire on Monday around 5 PM.  Investigators believe that the fire was caused by a vehicle in the garage.

Austin firefighters arrived at the home on Little Emily Way, near Parmer and Yager lanes, and the garage was completely engulfed in flames and spreading toward the house.  The firefighters were able to quickly put out the fire and prevent it from destroying the house.  However, the home did suffer some damage in the fire.

Fortunately, everybody at the house was able to get out safely and without injuries.

If you or someone you know needs their fire alarms inspected, contact the Austin fire alarm inspection professionals of Ace Fire Equipment at 512-835-2020 to learn more.

Fire in Home of Elderly Man Proves Necessity of Operational Smoke Alarm

Posted on July 16th, 2010 No Comments

As an elderly man slipped into a peaceful sleep, a spark in his attic ignited the insulation. All the while, as the flames consumed his attic, the man slept. Once the first sign of smoke crept into the master bedroom, his alarm went off. He woke immediately and had just enough time to call 9-1-1 and escape from his house.

The Dallas Morning News reports that the house and most of its belongings were lost, but one thing remained intact, a human life. You can often replace the loss of property, but never the loss of life,” reports The Dallas Morning News.

According to The Dallas Morning News, “Roughly 500 men, women and children will die in home or apartment fires in the United States this year.” Get your smoke alarm installed or inspected today. Call 512-835-2020 to have Ace Fire Equipment install/inspect your fire alarm today.

ATF Probes Fatal Fire in Texas

Posted on July 9th, 2010 No Comments

The United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is investigating a Texas fire that killed a firefighter Saturday.

According to officials with the Wharton Fire Department, Captain Thomas Araguz III and two firefighters ran into a blaze at Maxim Egg Farm in Boling, Texas. The group, including the 30 year-old Araguz, became trapped after about 10 minutes inside the building.

“The heat and the fire really did rapidly intensify,” Deputy State Fire Marshal Jay Evans said. “It was at this time two firefighters made an escape.”

It took nine hours and more than thirty different fire departments to subdue the flames. Araguz’s body was found shortly after 7:00 a.m. Sunday.

A team of twenty-four ATF agents and specialists are investigating the cause of the fire.

“ATF is investigating this tragic fire with the Wharton County Sheriff’s Office and the Texas State Fire Marshal’s Office. We will work together in partnership to determine the origin and cause of this fatal fire,” said ATF Special Agent Dewey Webb.

East Texas Man Saves Woman From Fire

Posted on July 2nd, 2010 No Comments

A man in East Texas saved a woman from a burning mobile home Monday.

According to officials with the Cherokee County Fire Department, Ricky Wilburn saved a woman from a mobile home fire that occurred along County Road 1616 outside of Jacksonville shortly after 11:00 a.m. Monday. A woman was asleep in her trailer when the fire started, and woke to find flames at her bedroom door.

“She was hollering for somebody to help her,” said Wilburn. “The fire was done down to this door and I tried to open it and it was nailed shut.” Wilburn says he broke out his window and ripped off the screen yelling for the trapped woman to come towards him.

“I just reached in there, I felt her arms and I just jerked her through the window,” Wilburn said. “That’s all I knew to do because the fire got to her bedroom… She was as black as your britches when she got out. I mean that smoke was like burning tires.”

The woman was transported to a local hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation and is expected to make a full recovery.

For information on how to protect your home, business, or other property from the risk of fire, contact the Austin fire prevention services professionals of Ace Fire Equipment today at 512-835-2020.